This episode of the #RockstarsRocking podcast features one of my favorite human beings – my rockstar friend and everyone’s favorite benefits compliance expert, Jennifer Berman, out of the Greater Baltimore area.
Jen opens our podcast with the rockstar dream of wanting to be a Supreme Court Justice and talking about how she ended up in the legal compliance side of employee benefits right before the passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) completely changed the industry.
After founding her own practice, she went back to school to get her MBA to learn to be a better leader for her firm. This helped her to learn the difference between management and leadership, which she gets into during our show.
We then get into how she stays ahead of the game in an ever-changing industry that can change literally by the day. Getting more in depth, she talked about her diagnosis with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, how it has caused her to change both her physical and mental approach to business, and how it has been helpful to get her to recognize the need for a healthy balance to work and her personal life.
We round out the interview talking about how Jennifer figured out her own business style to be more authentically herself. Once she got that down, she was able to use her personality to make compliance fun (yes, I said “fun”) and accessible to her clients.
So, are you ready for more? Then grab your favorite ice-cold beverage and tap that play button, to tune in to this week’s edition of the #RockstarsRocking podcast.
- Knowing that she wanted to be a lawyer from the time she was 8
- Getting into benefits compliance and regulation right as the ACA passed
- Going back to school for her MBA to better serve her practice she founded
- The difference between management and leadership
- Keeping up with an ever-changing industry
- Learning to navigate life with her health diagnosis
- Learning how to be authentically herself after getting out of ‘big law’
- Making compliance fun and accessible
So, I only have one question for you…?
Are you ready to rock…?!
Connect with Jennifer:
This Episode is Powered by:
Enjoy The Show?
If you haven’t done so already, please make sure you’re subscribed to the show, #RockstarsRocking, wherever you consume podcasts and if you feel so inclined, please leave us a review – 5 stars would totally rock!