This episode of the #RockstarsRocking podcast features my rockstar friend and broker client partner, Bret Brummitt, Founder, Generous Benefits, out of the Coppell, Texas area.
I was fortunate enough to meet Bret a few years ago and because we’re both huge baseball fans and avid car lovers – we hit it off immediately.
Bret describes himself as being lucky to have been born with a passion for problem-solving. He says that the question of “what if…?” is powerful and exactly what drives him. He says that he’s not usually the first to speak but is a voice with well-chosen words designed to uncover a better strategy for his clients. Bret has the unique ability to be a very calming force in the chaos and fast-paced evolution of Health Insurance, Employee Benefits, and the growing burden of regulatory compliance. When clients work with Bret, they develop the confidence to see beyond the problem at hand and start to re-imagine their goals. He believes deeply that whether with a client or a colleague, a successful interaction is one that allows everyone to dream a little bigger when they are done.
In this week’s episode, Bret and I begin by discussing how he was originally looking to be in law enforcement or the ministry and why that didn’t happen. We get into how the name and formation of his company, ‘Generous Benefits’ came about and how he manages his virtual team. We even answer some tough questions, like how COVID19 will or will not have a significant impact on an employer’s healthcare claims experience – as well as many more questions that revolve around the times we’re all living through, today.
So, are you ready for more? Go ahead and grab your favorite ice-cold beverage and tap that play button, to tune in to this week’s edition of the #RockstarsRocking podcast.
- His original plan of going into law enforcement or ministry, and how neither occurred
- Leveraging his small business knowledge to foster employer relationships
- How ‘Generous Benefits’ started as a book idea to share success in benefits and health
- Being intentional in your relationships with your employees
- How he trains new employee team-members in a virtual world
- Will the effect of COVID19 cause healthcare delays that lead to higher claims?
- What to say to employers who hit the panic button after a bad run of claims?
- How do you get educational messages to employees in a media rich world?
- Getting the industry engaged in using technology and doing so in a sensitive manor
- Fulfilling his passion for the operational side of the business through coaching
So, I only have one question for you…?
Are you ready to rock…?!
Connect with Bret:
This Episode is Powered by:
Enjoy The Show?
If you haven’t done so already, please make sure you’re subscribed to the show, #RockstarsRocking, wherever you consume podcasts and if you feel so inclined, please leave us a review – 5 stars would totally rock!