This episode of the #RockstarsRocking podcast features my friend, Rockstar Erin Issac, President/CEO & Founder of Joy Benefits, out of the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area.
We dive right into our conversation, talking about how and why she created her own agency after leaving a large “everything in house” company where competing priorities kept her from giving the service she wanted. We discuss how she fights to get employees and employers better coverage and better costs by cutting out some of the middlemen who take a piece of commissions but don’t really know their products and/or client needs. We wrap up with Erin telling us about her book club which is designed to help industry insiders, employers, and employees read and understand helpful benefit focused books that are changing the industry.
So, are you ready for more? Go ahead and grab your favorite ice-cold beverage and tap that play button, to tune in to this week’s edition of the #RockstarsRocking podcast.
- Leaving a large firm that handled everything in house to start her own agency, to focus on providing the best employee benefit solutions for her clients
- Cutting down the number of “hands in the pot” to help her clients get affordable, quality coverage.
- Knowing your clients & product vs. selling a slide-deck
- Fighting imposter syndrome when opening her own agency
- Starting a book club for benefits industry books & resources
So, I only have one question for you…?
Are you ready to rock…?!
Connect with Erin:
This Episode is Powered by:
Enjoy The Show?
If you haven’t done so already, please make sure you’re subscribed to the show, #RockstarsRocking, wherever you consume podcasts and if you feel so inclined, please leave us a review – 5 stars would totally rock!