This episode of the #RockstarsRocking podcast features the rockstar of all rockstars, my close friend, Nelson Griswold, Success Coach, Best-Selling Author, and Chairman of the NextGen Benefits Network, out of the Nashville, TN area.
Our guest is a Master of Marketing and finding success in the insurance industry. After working for years as a top producer in the benefits industry, he transitioned into coaching other business leaders and becoming a bestselling author of three books. Based on the “DO or DIE” model he outlined in his first best-seller by the same name, he helped form and is the Managing Director of the NextGen Benefits Network, which brings together industry leaders together to collaborate in peer-exchange programing.
In this week’s episode, we begin by discussing his 3 bestselling books and then get into the importance of standing out in marketing, and how writing a book takes you from a cold-calling salesperson to an industry expert. Nelson also discusses how coaches and mentors help you hone your business and marketing skills and mindset, and how mentors are an opportunity to foster relationships which open you up to a diversity of perspectives and life experiences to help you see your blind spots. We round it out by talking about the NextGen Benefits upcoming annual ASCEND conference which always takes place in January, which brings together peers within the employee benefits industry in a unique, fun, interactive and collaborative environment.
So, are you ready for straight fire? Go ahead and grab your favorite hot beverage and tap that play button, to tune in to this week’s edition of the #RockstarsRocking podcast.
- The power of books when it comes to marketing
- Writing a book takes you from a salesperson to an expert in your field
- Get in front of people through public speaking, rather than cold-calling
- Business coaches help you with skills and mindset the same way top athletes use them
- Bringing in business leaders with different perspectives and ideas to foster a diversity of thinking along with a diversity of networking
- “No one of us is as smart as all of us”
- The importance of having a collaborative mentality in business
- The unique experience of the ASCEND conference every January
So, I only have one question for you…?
Are you ready to rock…?!
Connect with Nelson:
This Episode is Powered by:
Enjoy The Show?
If you haven’t done so already, please make sure you’re subscribed to the show, #RockstarsRocking, wherever you consume podcasts and if you feel so inclined, please leave us a review – 5 stars would totally rock!